In an age where many of us are all about technology, you may be wondering why something as traditional as a watch should still be worn – after all, we now have computers and cell phones and tablets to tell us the time, right? While we may have several accessories that are capable of letting us know where we are in the day, there are still plenty of reasons why wearing a watch on your wrist can come in handy; take a look at a few of them below:
- Convenience: Your phone may get the job done, but it’s much more convenient to look down at your wrist than have to dig through your bag or pocket to find an electronic that has the time on it. Not to mention, if there’s a point where you don’t have your phone on you, you won’t have to worry about finding a clock somewhere just to find out whether it’s 1:00 or 2.
- Fashion: Though their primary function is to display the time and perhaps the date, watches are huge when it comes to making a fashion statement. If you want others to perceive you as sophisticated or if you are in need of one last accessory to complete your business attire, we have no doubt that a watch will do the trick.
- Water-resistant: If you like to spend time in the water (preferably divers), then you know that your cell phone probably won’t fare well being submerged deep within the deep blue sea. However, there are plenty of timepieces crafted for this purpose – not only will this help you know what time it is, but it can also help you monitor how long you spend under water.
- Function: Does your job or hobby require that you constantly keep track of time? Furthermore, are you often required to keep track of time down to the second? Thanks to the functionality of many timepieces, you can do this with ease without having to worry about an electronic that may not be charged enough when you need it.
- Investment: Last but not least, a timepiece can be a huge investment, and it may even be something you want to hand down generation after generation in your family. If you’re looking to spend money on something that will hold its value for years and years to come, a watch is a fine choice.
If you’re currently without a timepiece on your wrist, you may want to reconsider now that you know just how beneficial they can be. Aside from these five, do you have other reasons why you still wear a watch? If so, be sure to let us know by visiting us on Facebook, Twitter or Google+!
On the other hand, if you have yet to own a timepiece but are ready to, visit Maddaloni Jewelers in Huntington, New York – we offer a vast selection of luxury watches to Long Island customers, including, but not limited to, TAG Heuer and Ulysse Nardin. For more information, please give us a call at (631) 499-8800 today.